Pre-award EU/International support area
The main activities of the pre-award EU-international support area are:
- To inform and promote funding opportunities and European research policies;
- To provide qualified support in all phases of the complete application for funding cycle for EU calls for proposals;
- To work alongside researchers from the concept of the proposal to the administrative procedures for submission;
- To identify strategic European initiatives and networks of interest for INFN to join and to support activities of institutional representatives in these initiatives and networks;
- To contribute to the drafting of institutional documents representing INFN position or Italian position on research and innovation policies;
- To represent INFN in working groups, at national and European level, on European policies and funding Programmes.
We work closely with the other Units of the Research Area Directorate, Local External Funds Services and staff dedicated to external funds in INFN Units and Committees. Furthermore, in order to maximize synergies with Committees on topics of great impact for the EU project-related activities, we have our own representatives in the Technology Transfer Committee (CNTT) and the Third Mission Coordination Committee (CC3M):
contact person in CNTT: Veronica Valsecchi
contact person in CNTT: Manuela Schisani
For the development of our activities, the Area is organised into 3 offices:
Head of Sector: Alessia D’Orazio
- Individual and bottom-up research funding programmes:ERC, MSCA, FET.
- Programme building capacities and developing innovative ways of connecting science to society: Science with and for Society.
- H2020 Bottom-up collaborative research funding programmes: Research Infrastructures, Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation
- Top-down funding research programmes: H2020 pillars “Industrial Leadership” and “Societal Challenges”
- Other funding programmes: EURATOM, COST, ERANET, Partnerships
- European Union's Research & Innovation policies and future programmes: Horizon Europe and Digital Europe.